Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Teaching the juniors in Bishop class

Ola bloggers and welcome back to week two!

Today my class and I worked alongside Bishop class (Year 2/3) as part of a Tuakana/Teina session.

Tuakana means the older people and the leaders and Teina means the little kid and younger brothers and sisters

First we discussed how to be effective Tuakana. I learned that I have to help the younger kids to understand what to do and and be the model for them and make them do the right thing.

The biggest challenge I came across was that they wouldn't understand me and get confused. Another thing is that they wouldn't want to write or do anything and don't have any ideas.

Next week I am looking forward to them having plenty of ideas and that they have learned a lot and know how to use stop go animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment